Monday, December 31, 2012

Looking Backward 2012 // Looking Forward 2013



I can hardly believe how quickly time has flown... It seems incredible that we're already at the end of 2012.  So much has happened this past year.  So many moments of mountain top glory, and so many agonizing hours of pain and confusion.  I must say, I never expected the past year to go as it did... but in all it has been a tremendously wonderful year.  I have learned a lot. About myself. About the way I view life and the way I view others.  I have learned, ultimately, the undeniable need I have to rest in God.  When storms rage, He is a refuge and comforter.  When good times come, He makes them sweeter.


This past year, I have had to put aside some bad relationships.  It was the hardest thing I've ever done, and I never thought I would get over the pain.  But looking back I can see that I have done the right thing, and that God was at work all the time.  

Also this year, I have made some friendships that I think will last forever.  The MK retreat back in July was a time I will never forget.  I think it was one of those defining moments in my life... Time seemed to stand still as I worshiped, wept, prayed, and worshiped some more with Missionary Kids from all over the world.  I feel so blessed to have been a part of making that experience happen.


This year I also have been privileged to work with an amazing group of people at the barn where my family volunteers, and have getten to know them better nearly every Friday.  They are such sweet girls... their love for God shines through in everything they do.

So much has happened this past year... so many births, weddings, new experiences, and daily routine - all folding into phenomenons we call "past" and "memories".  


Looking forward, I wonder what the coming year will hold.  Who will come into my life? Who will go? How will I get to serve in the Kingdom of God? What new experiences will I have? What is God planning to do in my church? In my youth group? How will I grow closer to God? 


These questions and so many more flood my mind.  But whatever happens, I feel secure in the knowledge that God holds each day in His hand.  No day is wasted.  No moment insignificant.  All are a part of His Perfect Plan and I can't wait to be looking back next year and see what He has done.


So here's to the New Year... May it bring you blessings and may you see God's power and love working in your life!
"Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new."  II Corinthians 5:17





1 comment:

Shannon said...

Your words echo my heart, dear Holly. So many things have happened in this past year that I could never have exspected... yet in it all the Lord used it to draw me closer to Him... to, like you said, realize how I need to trust in the Lord, laying on my burdens at His feet, and cling to His love for me.

May this new year be one of drawing closer to the Lord and a continual growing in His truth... {And may He bring us together again soon!}

Blessings,
~Shannon~