Saturday, July 14, 2012

Pumpkin Zucchini Bread



I know, I know... It's still Summer.  But I was really wanting some pumpkin today and decided to try this new recipe.  I'm so glad I did..  This is, undoubtedly, the best pumpkin bread I've ever tasted!

Ingredients:

  • 2 eggs, lightly beaten
  • 1 1/2 C. Sugar
  • 1/2 C. Honey
  • 1 C. Pumpkin
  • 1 C. Butter
  • 1 Tbsp. Vanilla Extract
  • 3 C. Flour
  • 1/2 C. Flax Seed (ground in blender)
  • 1 tsp. Baking Soda
  • 1/2 tsp. Baking Powder
  • 1/2 tsp. Salt
  • 2 tsp. Cinnamon
  • 1 tsp. Nutmeg
  • 1 tsp. Cloves
  • 1/2 tsp. Allspice
  • 1 C. Shredded Zucchini (can substitute shredded carrots)
  • 1 C. Walnuts or Pecans, chopped (optional)
Preheat oven to 350*.  In a mixing bowl combine eggs, sugar, and honey.  Dump in the rest of the ingredients (excluding zucchini and nuts) and mix well.  Stir in zucchini and nuts.  Pour into two greased loaf pans.  Bake for 45-50 minutes in preheated oven, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool in pans 10 minutes, then remove to a wire cooling rack.

And then devour it.  Seriously, you won't want to stop eating it.  Ever. :)

Enjoy! 

No comments: